Monday, February 1, 2010

hard work can never be wasted

Before bed I was doing some yoga stretches and thought... why am I doing this? it scared me how cynical i was being about something that is so good. good for my mind, body, and soul, and yet I was still questioning it. wondering what was making me set aside this time and put all my energy into touching my toes. wouldn't it be easier to just get in bed and watch Keeping up with the Kardashians?
true, yoga can be boring in the beginning, but you just have to open up to the possibility that it will feel good if you just stick with it. i think this is how we have to see our daily routines or our seemingly pointless jobs. yes, right now its like walking through quicksand. but we will get through it. and it will benefited us.
just remember - nothing is a chore. in one way or another we are giving gifts to ourselves. and sometimes those gifts are not realized right away. and that is okay. it will become clear later.

"you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life." -Steve Jobs


"I renounce the finite for the Infinite,
whereas you are renouncing the Infinite for the finite" - Indian yogi



No comments:

Post a Comment