Friday, February 5, 2010

talk nicely to yourself

In a non creepy way this older man struck up a conversation with me... and we talked for a couple of minutes and then at the end he said... - "you are so beautiful, you have the rest of your life ahead of you."
It was so nice. It made me feel good all day. How great is it that someone who I just met can say so little and yet have such a positive impact. It was so easy for him to extend this complement and it inspired me to be more like him. Pay a complement to someone that honors their light.
For me it is always easier to find the beauty in someone elses appearance or actions, but I hardly ever look at myself in that way. I always replay the negative things and let my mind become consumed by how "stupid" i acted. or ill look at myself in the mirror and literally say - "you look like crap." how mean!!! I would never say this to anyone else, so why do i think its okay to say it to myself?
Talk nicely to yourself.
Practice positive self talk. we all LOVE something about ourselves, so why not fill our mind with those thoughts and think less about how we could have made the past different or how we could make our present self more "perfect".
Love yourself now. and celebrate it.

"We are what we think. all that we are arises with our thoughts. with our thoughts, we make the world". -buddha

and for those who are not strong enough to operate their minds in this positive way, help them by giving them a complement. snap them out of their negative pattern. they do not deserve to continue to beat themselves up. so spread the love.

"the love we take is equal to the love we make." -the beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment